Japan is one of the most amazing places in Asia to see. There are so many exciting things to experience in the islands of Japan, it is almost impossible to pack everything into a single vacation.
There is something in every area of Japan to attract travelers; rich history, colorful landscapes, and a delightful blend of old cultural traditions and the new ways of today.
Each city has its own special personality to consider.
Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Osaka, Nagasaki, Fukuoka are the most popular destinations for travelers to Japan. Tokyo is the obviously the busiest city in Japan and has too many sites to list! The Meiji Jingu Shrine, Imperial Palace, and Disneyland are popular must-see places.
Hokkaido, Okinawa, and Nagano, Yokohama, Nara have their own charming qualities without the busy big-city atmosphere like Tokyo.
Hiroshima is, in itself a historical place as it was the area to be destroyed because of the first atomic bomb.
The list continues on and on of great places to see and great things to experience while here in Japan.
For those who want a more detailed list of thing you can do, the list below should give you a pretty good idea.
Explore Japanese weird pop culture? You will be amazed how unique it is..
- Just walk around in Harajuku in Tokyo.
- Go to Manga caffe, Meido Caffe, all kinds of cafe you can find in Akihabara area.
- For the computer nerds, spend all day shopping in Akihabara in Tokyo.
- Sing Sing Sing at Karaoke room all night long! The food in Karaoke room are actually pretty good!
Want to have quiet relaxing time?
- Enjoy the comfortable ride of Shinkansen
- Try outdoor hot spring with lots of monkies.
- Taste all kinds of green tea/ matcha in Shizuoka or Kyoto.
- Stay at least one night at traditional Japanese hotel called “Ryokan” and sleep on the Futon bed.
Must try authentic cuisine but most importantly Japanese Junk food!
- ‘RAMEN’ in every cities you visit. There are so many different flavor, kind of noodle.
- ‘Soba’ ‘Udon’ noodle is one of the authentic Japanese cuisine.
- ‘Okonomiyaki’ in Hiroshima
- ‘Takoyaki’ in Osaka
- Curry rice
- Sushi, of course
There are too many great things to do on your vacation in Japan.
The best thing to do is to plan in advance.
See what you can find to do in this magnificent area of the world.